Saturday, July 10, 2010

Prosciutto Pt3.

My leg of pig is drying out nicely so I took it down from the spare shower …


… coated the meat surface with lard, and then sprinkled pepper all over. I was going to hit it a bit, but I decided to just leave well enough alone this time.


After that I wrapped it in muslin to keep insects away …


… and hung it on a hook I screwed into the underneath of my sunroom (the sunroom used to be a deck, so the underneath of it is not contiguous with the rest of the underneath of the house. It's nice and draughty but also protected from sun and rain):


Then I covered it in a cage I constructed from some chicken wire left over from skid-proofing the front steps …


… which should hopefully protect it from any marauding cats. I don't think a mouse can get at it, but I'll keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment