Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kouign Amann

One of the blogs I read religiously, and really look forward to, is Joe Pastry.  He's a sensible sort of a guy and knows what he's talking about. He also bakes some great stuff, and I just had to try  Kouign Amann when I saw it.

I didn't actually use his recipe for the dough, I just used half of my usual weekend bread dough. I ended up with half-sized loaves of sourdough and a sort of sourdough Kouign Amann.



I did as one of Joe's correspondents recommended and mixed the butter with some flour. It puffed up beautifully, but I don't know if that was because of the flour, or because our butter is different from the stuff they get in America. I'm always horrified when he writes about how their dairy food is made - our butter is just made from cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment