Monday, March 8, 2010

Present from Yoshio

My friend Yoshio brought me back some bento boxes from Japan just after Christmas (or at least his wife did - Yoshio had to bring his golf clubs). I'll post about them when I start using them - at present I'm still eating salads for lunch.

He also brought me a gift that he rescued from the back of his late grandmother's linen cupboard while the family were cleaning it out. It came in this box:


Which looks like this when you open it:


And is this is what it turned out to be:


- I don't quite know what to call it. If it were longer it would be a table runner, but it's not. If it were lacy it would be a doily, but it's not. It's made from kimono fabric and is rather beautiful. It needs ironing, but I'm a bit scared to iron it.

No comments:

Post a Comment