Thursday, May 6, 2010

New everyday shoes

Last week I finally had to throw these shoes …


… in the bin. The soles were perfectly good, but the inside part of the uppers had completely lost its integrity and my feet were starting to slide every which way as I walked. It was the rubbish for them, or a broken ankle for me.

I so wish I could have bought a straight replacement - those shoes have been my everyday comfortable shoes for at least ten years and they only cost $20.

The closest I could find was this …


… $169 suede pair by Django & Juliette. They are comfortable, they have a small wedge heel, and they give the same impression of tights and shoes being one continuous item when I wear black tights with them. But I would much rather have paid $20 than $169.

No comments:

Post a Comment