Monday, April 6, 2009

Salad days

The couple of hundred grams I lost after my big weekend away went back on with interest the week after. The loss was probably from dehydration! Too much beer. Anyway, I lost 800 g (a bit less than 2 lb) in the last week, so the damage wasn't permanent.

Today I have nice healthy slimming salad with hot-smoked salmon.


50 g salmon = 110 Cal
lettuce = 7 Cal
3 cherry tomatoes = 9Cal
1 egg = 88 Cal
1/2 small avocado = 80 Cal
spring onion = 15 Cal
small cucumber = 10 Cal
1/2 capsicum = 18 Cal
1 Tbsp Lite Thousand Island dressing = 28 Cal

Total = 365 Cal

This is the last time I'll be able to wear these shoes I think. I noticed, once I got to work and it was too late to change them, that the rubber is perishing quite badly. They're allowed to though - they're older than I am.


My stepmother bought them in the early 1950s and wore them on board ship when she was travelling from New Zealand back to Scotland. The red bit is a sort of towelling fabric. You can just imagine Ingrid Bergman or some other screen goddess in them can't you? Mum gave them to me in the early 70s, when they were very desirable, being vintage hippie wear. They are now fashionable again - the 1950s version of the gladiator sandal!

No comments:

Post a Comment