Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The very last beans, and some croquettes

I think I forgot to post about the croquettes I made the other week. Inspired by this post on the Just Bento forum, I decided to experiment. I quite often make little mini-quiches-without-pastry from whatever veges I have bound with egg and baked in silicone cupcake cases, and I wanted to see what I could do in the way of a croquette. All I did was add some rehydrated (cooked) bulghur wheat to the mashed cooked vegetables (one lot of kabocha and one of carrot and parsnip together), seasoning, and egg, making a stiffer mix that could be formed into croquette shapes. Then I baked them in the oven on a silicon mat until they were set and slightly browned. (Deep frying them would be delicious, but far too fattening of course.) Then I put them in the freezer and forgot about them until last night.

So I have in today's lunch two kabocha and one carrot/parsnip croquettes; lentil salad; the very last beans from the garden; and some salmon I smoked at the weekend which got a bit overdone because I forgot about it while I was doing my housework. It's been in the freezer, and is sort of fluffy. Still yummy, but fluffy is the only way I can describe the texture.


lentil salad = 110 Cal
70 g salmon = 150 Cal
vege croquettes = 45 Cal
beans = 15 Cal

Total = 320 Cal

The shoes for today are grey suede with 3 1/2 inch woodgrain heels and peep toes. This is the third time I've worn them, and I hunted out some extremely aged clothes to go with them - a grey pinstripe skirt and these tights, which are each about 15 - 20 years old.


It says a lot for the efficacy of bento lunches for weight control that I can fit the skirt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment