Friday, March 27, 2009

Last night's dinner

Today I have plain old leftovers. I stopped by the fish processing plant on my way home from work last night and bought some smoked mackerel, some salmon which I'll smoke tomorrow, and a fillet of ling for my dinner. I fried some onion and zucchini in a little butter, then added some tomatoes that needed eating before they shrivelled up. Once the tomatoes had given up their juice and it had reduced a bit I buried the fish under the veges, added a good squeeze of lemon juice and some salt & pepper, and left it to simmer for about five minutes. I ate it over bulghur wheat, and there was enough left over for today's lunch. The bulghur and fish went into the bottom, leaky, part of my bento bowl, while the veges and juice went into the sealed middle section. I think it would have been OK at room temp, but it's a dreary day so I heated it up in the microwave.


100 g bulghur = 87 Cal
140 g ling = 122 Cal
1 tsp butter = 36 Cal
6 cherry tomatoes = 18 Cal
1/2 zucchini = 8 Cal
1/4 onion = 10 Cal

Total = 281 Cal.

Pathetic. I bought some cottage cheese at the supermarket today, might have some later on. Come to think of it, I also bought some short dated brie - I could almost afford to nibble a bit of that!

I went for a walk through the gardens yesterday afternoon, on my way to the pharmacy by the farther supermarket to get some dressings for my burnt leg. Many of the roses are having a second blooming, although not the really highly scented ones unfortunately.



Today's shoes are about 20 years old. I've worn them a bit, but not for a very long time. I do love them though, they're totally flat, black suede, have facetted coloured glass "jewels" attached, and gold leather beading around the edges.


The soles are a little too thick for them to be classed as "ballet flats" so I won't be winning any trendiness prizes while wearing them. I don't like ballet flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment