Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Leftover curries

Today I am eating some of two curries that provided the least in the way of leftovers from my dinner party. They are pepper chicken and beef vindaloo, and there were 1 1/2 servings of each left over. Neither of these curries has anything much fattening in it - the pepper chicken has a little yoghurt, but the only calories in the vindaloo come from the beef and some onions. I've accompanied a small amount of each with some rice and some Brussels sprouts sautéed with capers.


1 cup basmati rice = 215 Cal
50 g beef = 75 Cal
50 g chicken breast = 55 Cal
onion and yoghurt = ~20 Cal
Brussels sprouts + a little oil = 40 Cal

Total = 405 Cal

But I also ate a packet of roast chestnuts on the way back from the supermarket, that's another 150 Cal.

By the time I'd arrived at the supermarket I remembered why I stopped wearing these McKinley's boots. They give me blisters on my heels.


It was a very uncomfortable walk back to work in the rain, and I was so pleased I keep a pair of slippers in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment