Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two lunches, fudge, no shoes.

The weather is too cold for me to wear summer shoes, so I've had to postpone my shoe-wearing until it gets warmer again.

Still have to eat though.

Wednesday's lunch was this:


mushroom omelette = 80 Cal
roast beetroot = 30 Cal
roast kabocha = 40 Cal
spanakopita cup = 110 Cal
roast pork = 90 Cal
zucchini = 10 Cal

Total = 360 Cal

Today's was:

Pea and ham soup = 200 Cal
spanakopita cup = 110 Cal
roast kabocha = 40 Cal
tonkatsu = 72 Cal

Total = 422 Cal

Plus the fudge. The fudge is a terrible thing, very tempting sitting there in my office. Luckily everyone else comes to eat it.

Last night I made two more variations on this recipe - lemon, and rasberry/vanilla layers. Both very delicious.

The rasberry/vanilla I made as a batch of vanilla first. I removed half of it when it was sufficiently cooked and prepared it just as plain vanilla. I added some deseeded raspberry jam to the other half and cooked it a little longer to compensate for the extra liquid, added 1/4 teaspoon citric acid before beating it, then I spread it on top of the vanilla.

The lemon one I made by adding a few drops of pure lemon oil, some lemon zest that had been used to make lemon sugar, and the juice of a lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment