Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicken roll and kumara

Today it's pouring with rain and I've just walked up town to the library for some reading material. I've been meaning to get Eldest by Christopher Paolini out since I read Eragon at Christmas - my eleven year old nephew kindly lent it to me when I'd run out of things to read. Louis (my nephew) was quite chuffed to think I'd enjoy reading his books. A good 45 minute walk anyway - burnt off some of Saturday's desserts.

Today's lunch is kumara chips, the last of the chicken and carrot roll from the freezer, and runner beans from the garden. Kumara is a sweet potato that the Maori used to eat before the arrival of Europeans, it has pale cream coloured but quite dry flesh, and purple skin. The chips were cooked in the oven with a sprinkle of olive oil and some salt.


chicken roll = 160 Cal
100 g kumara = ~100 Cal
30 g beans = 15 Cal

Total = 275 Cal

Not much at all, that'll help to counteract Saturday's desserts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment