Sunday, January 25, 2009

More prep; spicy bulghur and roast vege salad.

We have had the most amazing weather this weekend. It's been in the 30s (˚C) and I have been swimming in the harbour both days. This photo is the view from my back door, and I go swimming just in front of that single tree sticking out in the middle of the photo.


This salad is adapted from one of Delia Smith's. Her recipe can be found here. I am using bulghur wheat instead of couscous, as it is less fattening and has much more fibre. I soaked it in vegetable stock for an hour or so, then left it to drain:


I roasted parsnip chunks, onion, capsicum, zucchini, and mushrooms in a little olive oil:


Then mixed the veges in with the bulghur, some crumbled feta, and the dressing, which was made with cayenne pepper, ground coriander (I'd run out of cumin), tomato paste, lime juice, and lemon juice. No oil, I'm trying to get thinner:


It looks a bit of a dog's breakfast, but I can assure you it tastes delicious. I'm having it with steak for my dinner tonight, and the leftovers will be in this week's bentos.

No comments:

Post a Comment