Monday, January 12, 2009

My lunch for the 13th January is a lettuce salad (I love iceberg lettuce) with some tonkatsu and a leftover jalapeño popper. Jalapeño poppers are something I discovered in America, where they are (were? this was in 2000) a ubiquitous bar snack. Much nicer when you make them yourself though - crunchy peppers filled with drippy melted cheese and all coated in crumbs and deep fried.
I got rid of as much of the oil as I could and did without the sour cream accompaniment because I'm trying to lose weight - even then this is a once-a-year or so treat. Likewise, the tonkatsu is not an everyday food.
This is the salad as packed at home. Lettuce, spring onions, half a red capsicum, and 5 cherry tomatoes. The bottle of dressing is Eta Lite & Free.
At work tomorrow I'll heat/re-crispify the pork and popper on my tiny sandwich press, chop up the salad stuff, add some dried fruit, dress it with a tablespoon of the dressing and then put the cut up meat and popper on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment