Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 3, day 1.

Good news and bad news today. The good news is that I weigh 1.2 kg (2.6 pounds) less than last Monday. The bad news is that I left my lunch at home in the fridge this morning. I guess this is the downside of making it the night before.

However, I resisted the temptation to buy sushi and went off to the supermarket where, in addition to the cherry tomatoes that I needed to buy anyway, I bought two corn cobs ($1.25 each, still rather expensive because early in the season), two apricots, and a pottle of yoghurt from the short-dated bin. Three minutes in the tearoom microwave for one of the corn cobs (I'm saving the other in case I need a snack later on), then peel and salt. Delicious. Here is a photo of my non-bento lunch:


corn cob = 83 Cal
6 cherry tomatoes = 18 Cal
2 apricots = 60 Cal
yoghurt = 67 Cal

Total = 228 Cal

Cost = ~$4, which is half what sushi would have cost.

I'll definitely have to have the other corn cob later on though, 228 Cal is not enough to keep a sparrow going for an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment